Community Engagement and Environment Advisor
Consultant Ella Morgan
Date posted 7 September 2018 2018-09-072018-10-07 consultancy 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
As an employer of choice, Adelaide Airport is the gateway to South Australia and is the fifth-largest capital city airport in Australia. With a highly engaged workforce recognised for delivering exceptional outcomes, Adelaide Airport is committed to on-going developments with the future expansion of a new Airport Business District.
To support the continued growth and success, Adelaide Airport seeks to engage a dedicated Community Engagement and Environment Advisor for a permanent full-time opportunity. In this newly created role, you will drive excellence in environmental performance as well as provide technical advice and operational support for environmental management and community engagement activities across the operation.
Reporting directly to the Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure effective and constructive engagement with key staff including Executives across the Community Engagement Framework critical projects
- Establish effective community networks by proactively seeking to understand the needs of stakeholders and encouraging the community feedback
- Coordinate relevant consultative Committee / Subcommittee meetings and related bodies across Adelaide and Parafield Airport’s
- Deliver technical information and environmental data through community publication channels such as written and oral presentations
- Work in consultation with key community stakeholders to identify, manage and mitigate potential impacts on the community that result from key project activities and regulatory changes
- Assist the Environment Manager in the development, implementation and maintenance of the organisation’s Airport Environment Strategies and Environment Management System (EMS)
- Understand, work within and contribute to the development of company policies and procedures, key planning submissions and critical reporting documentation
- Ensure environmental regulatory compliance is achieved and appropriate advice delivered across the organisation
Key requirements for this position will include:
- Tertiary qualification/s in Environmental Science/Engineering or a relevant discipline
- Tertiary qualification/s in communications (desirable)
- Industry or consulting experience within a similar role
- Sound knowledge and understanding in environmental management systems (ISO14001)
- Demonstrated experience with presenting technical information in a public setting
- Formal report writing skills across Senior Management, Committees and Boards
- Capacity to attend and represent Adelaide Airport at internal and external meetings and network functions
With a broad technical grounding, you thrive on diverse, challenging roles with varied responsibilities. This experience has contributed to your effective communication and influential interpersonal skills, which will position you to provide expert advice regarding environment and community requirements and manage stakeholder's expectations within a collaborative team environment.
Applicants must hold an Australian Driver’s license.
Applications will close Friday 21st September 2018.
To apply please click apply or call Ella Morgan on 08 8216 3553 for a confidential discussion.