Senior Safety Internal Auditor
Salary Attractive Salary Package
Consultant Max Heath
Date posted 1 November 20192019-11-01 2019-12-01 public-sector-and-housing Sydney New South Wales 60 Carrington Street, Sydney AU 2000 AUD 130000 131000 131000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia, managing and operating over 8500 kms. of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Senior Internal Safety Auditor role is a newly created role, based in Sydney and reporting to the Senior Audit Manager. This role will provide independent assurance to the Board and Executive, ensuring that business processes and controls to manage the business key risks are adequately designed and are operating effectively.
- Proven experience in the rail industry with a specific focus on delivering successful internal audits
- Ability to engage and influence senior and executive stakeholders across the business
- Internal audit experience gained in a Big 4 Professional Services Firm or in a Rail Operations environment
- Relevant Tertiary Degree
The Senior Safety Internal Auditor will have evident experience delivering critical audits in relation to:
- Safety Management Systems
- Environment Management Systems
- Rail Safety National Law and Work Health and Safety Legislation
- Train Network Control Operations and Operational Safe working systems
- Construction and work site safety
- Contractor safety management
This is rare opportunity to join a key operator in the rail sector in Australia, with the opportunity to work across multiple states and engage with a broad range of technical and executive stakeholders.
Our client recognises that a talented and diverse workforce is fundamental to building a commercially strong and customer focused organisation. With your expertise and contribution we can create a cooperative team that draws strength from our diversity and produce innovative solutions.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process the preferred candidate will be required to consent to a National Criminal History Check. Appointment is subject to medical fitness standards relevant to the position.
A full position description is available on request.
To apply please click apply or call Max Heath on +61 2 82893121 for a confidential discussion.