Senior Category Mangaer
Location Southern Suburbs Brisbane
Consultant Nicki McCaskill
Date posted 14 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
This industry leader supplies heavy earth moving equipment to tier one construction and mining companies. The Procurement Specialist is accountable for implementing category management strategy, strategic sourcing activity, contract performance management and strategic relationship management to successfully deliver safe, effective and efficient outcomes.
• Achieve cost savings through effective use of resources
• Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved through use of initiative
• Assist the Manager Procurement in their role for all matters, procurement purchasing and governance as delegated and/or in their absence
• Provide coaching support to Category Managers and their junior Procurement/Purchasing/Governance staff
• Develop and implement category strategy
• Develop and maintain sourcing plans involving stakeholder planning
• Develop and capture up to date reports and information on market
• Provide concurrent data driven insights from data analysis part of both the category strategies and impromptu reporting demands
• Collaborate and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• 7 years’ experience as a Category Manager preferably with knowledge of heavy machinery
• Degree in business, logistics and supply chain, logistics or engineering.
• Specialist Knowledge of, and experience in the development of controls, policies and procedures
• Proven results in negotiation and procurement strategy development and implementation
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
To apply please click apply or call Nicki McCaskill on +61 7 30322256 for a confidential discussion.