Logistics and Distribution Manager
Salary AUD100000 - AUD120000 per annum + Super
Location Northern Beaches
Consultant Ben Sunderland
Date posted 31 October 2016
A market leading FMCG business is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager on a permanent basis due to continued growth and a restructure. This is a fantastic opportunity for a logistics professional to further develop their skill set within a dynamic, supportive work environment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance & Operations, the main responsibilities of this role will be to manage a small team and oversee the domestic and international logistics function with a focus on continuous improvement projects and systems implementation.
- Optimising service levels (DIFOT) and cost performance across Asia Pacific.
- Constant improvement and implementation of all processes and development of SOPs.
- Leading and motivating a team to further increase productivity and performance.
- Negotiating contracts with freight and 3PL providers.
- Drive a positive quality and safety culture across the business.
- Producing monthly reports and analysing trends to optimise cost & performance.
- Improving the customer interface, streamlining processes and improving overall service.
- 5+ years experience in a FMCG or 3rd party logistics based management role.
- A history of overachieving on set targets, driving performance and process change.
- Extensive commercial experience, managing P+L’s, costs and budgets.
- Intermediate MS Office & advanced Excel skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably in Logistics and Transport.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Bilingual – Mandarin & English preferred but not essential.
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to work for a large, reputable company who are going through an exciting time of growth and change. They believe in progression from within and are looking for driven and career minded individuals. Also on offer is a competitive salary, dependant on experience.
To apply please click apply or call Ben Sunderland on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.