Operations and Logistics Coordinator
Salary AUD70,000 - AUD80,000 per annum
Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 12 November 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Yumbah Aquaculture is the largest privately-owned Abalone and shellfish (Mollusc) company in Australia. The company is vertically integrated with ownership of each stage of the process from spawning, farming, producing feed, production, marketing and distribution. The success of the business has been based around the provision of a high level of customer service to our customers and providing consistent supply of high quality abalone. This has been achieved through the commitment of the Board and staff to working together as a highly cohesive and efficient team in a very positive but high pressure and rapid response work environment.
An operations coordinator is required to assist the Sales and Marketing Manager with all operations and logistics from point of purchase through to delivery, overseeing invoicing, purchasing, warehousing, production planning, inventory, data analysis and reporting.
• Sales logistics – both domestic and international
• Data management – for production of finished goods and sales
• Demand and supply forecasting
• Liaising with production team for sales orders
• Liaising with suppliers regarding and all other supply issues
• Production and sales analysis and reporting
• Purchasing support
• Phone and administration work arranging deliveries
• Maintain accurate pricing for sales team
• Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Logistics/ Supply Chain Management is essential.
• Experience in Supply Chain management, Logistics or Food industry desirable
• Highly competent with technology and computer literacy
• Understand margins and inventory costs.
• Highly competent in numeracy and literacy.
• Ability to manage procurement, receiving, warehousing, packing and distribution operations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
• Organised and methodical work practices.
• Ability to process work quickly and accurately with attention to detail.
• Transparent and honest
• Problem solver
• Team person able to embrace a team culture and contribute to improved practices.
Key to the role will be the ability to develop a general understanding of abalone farming and key associated drivers.
You will enjoy a challenge, provide leadership, communicate well with all levels of a business, articulate in making sound decisions, have a willingness to be hands on, meet deadlines and overall the ability to be autonomous in nature.
To apply please click apply or call (Nicholas Kulakoff) on (08 8216 3513) for a confidential discussion.