Head of Logistics ANZ
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Mairead O’Halloran
Date posted 13 June 20192019-06-13 2019-07-13 transport-and-rail Sydney CBD New South Wales AU AUD 181 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Head of Logistics for Australia & New Zealand will report into the MD and will be responsible for execution & growth of the intermodal transportation, warehousing & distribution.
Our client a global leader in Shipping & Cargo are expanding their market share in Road & Rail Logistics and Services with significant growth predicted over the next five years across Australia & New Zealand.
The Head of Logistics for Australia & New Zealand will report into the Managing Director and will work closely with the Trade & Product Manager.
This role as Head of Logistics will be responsible for:
• Day to day execution & cost of intermodal transportation, warehousing & distribution.
• Cost ownership, for the delivery & execution of physical products (barge, rail, truck, warehousing, distribution in Australia & New Zealand)
• Strategic business planning, customer satisfaction and profitability
• Collaboration with Procurement & Product teams on shared budgeting such as warehousing investment needs
• Understanding of P&L management with evidence of delivering efficiencies and value-added solutions
• Sound understanding of all facets of logistics including domestic intermodal transport, warehousing, awareness of ocean linehaul transport beneficial
• Management of teams across multiple warehouses & distribution centres, custom clearance, 3PL partners
The successful candidate will be excited by working in an organisation during the growth phase, will be adaptable and an innovative business leader looking to develop your career in a major global business.
Specifically, your background will include:
• Circa 7-10+ years’ experience ideally with a Service Provider within the logistics industry
• Degree or Master’s qualified desirable but not essential
• An established network across intermodal transportation in Australia & New Zealand
• Must be hands on, as this part of the business is in a growth phase it requires someone to be involved in day to day delivery as well as strategic business planning
• Strong market knowledge & awareness of joint ventures or supplier collaborations in the inland rail & road transportation industries as well as warehousing and distribution.
• Ability to achieve maximum cost effectiveness while being commercially adept
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to maintain and develop relationships with key internal stakeholders, existing customers and key suppliers
• A results orientated team player
In return the successful candidate will join an established global business who embrace their core values which are built around honesty & accountability, hiring and retaining the right employees for the team, forward thinking and passionately striving to be better.
This role offers a competitive salary package, fantastic growth potential and high visibility to senior stakeholders & the ability to part of an exciting growth period.
Candidates must be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen.
To apply please click apply or call Mairead O'Halloran on +61 2 8289 3123 for a confidential discussion.