Salary competitive salary
Location Macquarie Park
Consultant Mairead O’Halloran
Date posted 6 September 2016
A fantastic permanent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Officer with SAP to support a team of category mangers in a leading Global Retail buisness.
About the role:
This role is to assist the Procurement Category Management team for various indirect spend categories management. Together with the Procurement category management team to ensure that services/products are supplied to the business by reputable counterparts at the most appropriate cost and that the services/products are supplied according to various pre-determined KPIs throughout the contract term.
- Assess whether the current vendors are the best supplier of the service/ product.
- Budget overview and responsibility of key business critical categories.
- Identify and implement savings and service enhancement initiatives.
- Establish benchmarks to measure category performance.
- Develop processes where vendors report on a continuous basis against KPIs.
- Report to business re KPI performance within business guidelines.
- Vendor selection.
- Contract Negotiation and Management.
- Monitor supplier performance and driving quality and service improvements
- Research and develop industry leading category
- Provide quotes and prices.
- Create PO on SAP system based on different requests from internal customers
- Follow purchase orders until reception of goods (or service)
- Stock Management and allocation.
- Assess tender requirements and develop necessary documentation.
- Manage tender process
- Decision making and tender results
- Change management when new vendors are appointed for the supply of products or services
- Ensure compliance with all responsibilities as per the company’s occupational health and safety (OH&S) policies and procedures, as well as occupational health and safety, and rehabilitation legislation
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- Experiences in retail environment, sourcing related role will be a plus, marketing or store operation category knowledge is a plus
- Experiences in project management
- Great understanding of retail industry
- Demonstrated ability to influence the process
- Analytical Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- SAP knowledge
- A genuinely positive team player with a strong work ethic and high attention to detail.
- Personally committed to learning, adapting and growing for positive results.
- A self starter that can work also as part of a team.
- Coordination and problem solving skills
To apply please click apply or call Mairead O'Halloran on +61 2 8289 3123 for a confidential discussion.