Strategic Purchasing Officer
Location Western Sydney
Consultant Mairead O’Halloran
Date posted 1 December 2016
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Officer with SAP experience ideally with a background in buying electrical parts, components to support the Strategic Purchasing Manager across the shared service function at Knorr-Bremse Australia and Sigma Air Conditioning.
About the company:
The Knorr-Bremse Group headquarters based in Munich is the world’s leading manufacturer of braking systems for rail and commercial vehicles. This role is based in Granville in Sydney.
For more than 110 years now the company has pioneered the development, production, marketing and servicing of state-of-the-art braking systems.
In 2015, Knorr-Bremse reported sales of EUR 5.8 billion and employed more than 24,000 people worldwide.
With all of its products Knorr-Bremse makes a decisive contribution to safety on road and rail around the world. Every day more than one billion people worldwide put their trust in Knorr-Bremse systems.
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for an experienced Purchasing Officer with SAP experience ideally with a background in buying electrical parts, components to support the Strategic Purchasing Manager across the shared service function at Knorr-Bremse Australia – which includes brake systems for rail and heavy vehicles and door systems for rail and Sigma Air Conditioning – which includes air conditioning systems for rail, mining, industrial and defence.
The purchasing officer will be responsible for planning and implementing procedures in the acquisition of goods and services within a Total Cost of Ownership framework in the timely support of business projects.
The successful candidate will implement strategies to reduce the direct material costs of the business. To source and deliver the material requirements of each project on-time and within budget targets.
- Sourcing -Research and select the most qualified suppliers to meet 100% of the technical specified requirements.
- Ensure a detailed evaluation is conducted and documented with authorised sign-off on all prospective suppliers prior to formal engagement according to company purchasing procedures.
- Developing Global , multi-agency supply relationships.
- Supplier Relationship Management - Maintain strong relationships with selected supply partners and monitor performance on an ongoing basis.
- ERP system record maintenance - Ensure that all supplier details are maintained correctly and pricing is up to date.
- Contractual control and management - Ensure that relevant activities with suppliers have contractual agreements in place and ensure the suppliers are adhering to KPI's and SLA's, whilst internal stakeholders are fully utilising the contracts throughout their life-cycle.
- Purchasing Project Support - Working collaboratively with stakeholders you will implement purchasing strategies to deliver considerable business improvements across a number of finished products, commodities and parts.
- Analytical - Implement strategies through analysing the current market trends, supplier and product performance. Working with engineers to rationalise the existing supply base and standardise purchased parts.
- Be familiar with Policies and Regulations regarding Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and make sure those are observed in his/her area of responsibility.
- Action CR's/ECR's and CAR's/NCR's in a timely and professional manner.
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of technical specifications.
- Essential, must have sound understanding and application of SAP
- Understanding of standard quality systems and requirements.
- Understanding of mechanical components and material conversion processes:
- Sheet metal fabrication, Injection/Blown/Extrusion, moulding of plastic/rubber and synthetic materials.
- Must have proven experience in Procurement/Supply Chain
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be customer service focused
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Must be able to take ownership and work independently across multiple projects
- Strong negotiation skills and cost consciousness
To apply please click apply or call Mairead O'Halloran on +61 2 8289 3123 for a confidential discussion.