Location Macquarie Park
Consultant Mairead O’Halloran
Date posted 19 December 2016
A permanent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Officer with SAP to support the Category Manager for in Global leading business Luxottica.
About the Company
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear with high technical and stylistic quality.
Among its core strengths, a strong and well-balanced brand portfolio includes iconic proprietary brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley, Vogue Eyewear, Persol, Oliver Peoples and Alain Mikli, as well as highly attractive and prestigious licenses including Giorgio Armani, Burberry, Bulgari, Chanel, Dolce&Gabbana, Michael Kors, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Tiffany & Co., Versace and Valentino.
Luxottica's international expansion has developed its geographic footprint worldwide. The Group’s global wholesale distribution network covers more than 150 countries and is complemented by an extensive retail network of approximately 7,400 stores, with LensCrafters and Pearle Vision in North America, OPSM and LensCrafters in Asia-Pacific, GMO in Latin America and Sunglass Hut worldwide.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global Leading Retail Business. This Procurement officer will work with the Procurement Category Manager Indirects on various indirect spend categories.
The successful candidate together with the Procurement category manager in Australia and Asia Pacific Procurement Lead will ensure that services/products are supplied to the business by reputable counterparts
at the most appropriate cost and that the services/products are supplied according to various pre-determined KPIs throughout the contract term.
- Procurement of services across Luxottica’s retails stores
- Supplier Relationship Management to ensure appropriate supplier rationalisation
- Process improvement including identification and implementation of savings and service enhancement initiatives
- Development of processes to ensure vendors report against KPIs on a continuous basis
- Monitoring supplier performance, driving quality and service improvements, reporting on suppliers performance
- Contract negotiation and management
- Providing quotes and prices, as well as creation of purchase orders
- Managing tender processes, assisting in the evaluation and contract award process and managing change when new vendors are appointed
- Training and working with individual business units on SAP & Procurement tools
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree with Procurement experience in a retail environment
- Adaptability with the ability to embrace change, being personally committed to learning and growing for positive results
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills with problem solving ability and a solution focus
- A genuinely positive team player with a strong work ethic who is able to work independently
- Intermediate to Advanced Analytical Skills and SAP experience
- Sourcing, marketing or store operation category knowledge is desirable as is experience in budget overview and responsibility of key business critical categories
- Experience in project management is an advantage
To apply please click apply or call Mairead O'Halloran on +61 2 8289 3123 for a confidential discussion.