Location Macquarie Park
Consultant Mairead O’Halloran
Date posted 1 December 2016
A permanent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Officer with SAP to support the Category Manager for in Global leading business Luxottica.
About the role:
About the Company
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear with high technical and stylistic quality.
Among its core strengths, a strong and well-balanced brand portfolio includes iconic proprietary brands such as Ray-Ban, Oakley, Vogue Eyewear, Persol, Oliver Peoples and Alain Mikli, as well as highly attractive and prestigious licenses including Giorgio Armani, Burberry, Bulgari, Chanel, Dolce&Gabbana, Michael Kors, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Tiffany & Co., Versace and Valentino.
Luxottica's international expansion has developed its geographic footprint worldwide. The Group’s global wholesale distribution network covers more than 150 countries and is complemented by an extensive retail network of approximately 7,400 stores, with LensCrafters and Pearle Vision in North America, OPSM and LensCrafters in Asia-Pacific, GMO in Latin America and Sunglass Hut worldwide.
About the Role
This role is to assist the Procurement Category Manager Indirects on various indirect spend categories. Together with the Procurement category manager in Australia and Asia Pacific Procurement Lead to ensure that services/products are supplied to the business by reputable counterparts at the most appropriate cost and that the services/products are supplied according to various pre-determined KPIs throughout the contract term.
- Assess whether the current vendors are the best supplier of the service/ product.
- Budget overview and responsibility of key business critical categories.
- Identify and implement savings and service enhancement initiatives.
- Establish benchmarks to measure category performance.
- Develop processes where vendors report on a continuous basis against KPIs.
- Report to business re KPI performance within business guidelines.
- Vendor selection.
- Contract Negotiation and Management.
- Monitor supplier performance and driving quality and service improvements
- Research and develop industry leading category
- Provide quotes and prices.
- Create PO on SAP system based on different requests from internal customers
- Follow purchase orders until reception of goods (or service)
- Stock Management and allocation.
- Assess tender requirements and develop necessary documentation.
- Manage tender process
- Decision making and tender results
- Change management when new vendors are appointed for the supply of products or services
- Ensure compliance with all responsibilities as per the company’s occupational health and safety (OH&S) policies and procedures, as well as occupational health and safety, and rehabilitation legislation
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree
- Experiences in Procurement in retail environment, sourcing related role will be a plus, marketing or store operation category knowledge is a plus
- Experiences in project management
- Great understanding of retail industry desirable
- Demonstrated ability to influence the process
- Analytical Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Must have SAP experience
- A genuinely positive team player with a strong work ethic and high attention to detail.
- Personally committed to learning, adapting and growing for positive results.
- A self starter that can work also as part of a team.
- Coordination and problem solving skills
To apply please click apply or call Mairead O'Halloran on +61 2 8289 3123 for a confidential discussion.