Salary AUD650 - AUD685 per day + super
Location Sydney Airport
Consultant David Taylor
Date posted 1 December 2016
A leading transport organisation in south Sydney is currently recruiting for a Procurement Specialist for a contract role, minimum 6 months duration, focused across a range of direct and indirect categories.
The Procurement Specialist will be based in modern offices in south Sydney and will report to the Strategic Sourcing Manager in a 6 month contract role, with the strong likelihood of extension. The purpose of the Procurement Specialist role is to establish and manage business and panel contracts for goods and services, working in a team across a $500m p.a. spend for goods, services and capital works.
- Implement agreed procurement plans and strategies for assigned contracts including targeted savings, suggested initiatives and risks
- Develop template agreements, establish and maintain market competitive panels for relevant spend categories
- Review, manage and report on Group and Panel contracts
- Effective internal and external influencer, negotiator and stakeholder manager
- Internal Audit of procurement processes to maintain and monitor compliance
- Undertake transactional sourcing and procurement across Corporation, specifically in Technology
- Strong commercial acumen, and proven category and contract management skills
- University degree qualification or equivalent, Business Management, Supply Chain or Finance preferred
- Demonstrated Strategic Sourcing expertise across multiple categories
- Detailed understanding of ERP systems
- Experience in project management and implementation, ideally in a diverse and dynamic business environment
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well regarded organisation who intend to have a major focus on procurement process improvement and cost saving delivery in 2017.
To apply please click apply or call David Taylor on +61 2 8289 3185 for a confidential discussion.