Location Sydney CBD
Consultant David Taylor
Date posted 9 February 2017
A leading global defence business based at Garden Island are looking to recruit a Contracts Manager to join a major new project team on a permanent basis.
About the role:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and based in Garden Island, Sydney, the Contracts Manager will be responsible for the management of major contracts and subcontracts to meet the project requirements of cost, quality and delivery through effective commercial management. The facilitation of strong working relationships with the supplier, their supply chains and internal stakeholders will be critical to the Contract Manager's success.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Managing the performance of the suppliers to achieve contract requirements and developing and embedding the relevant key performance indicators
- Leading the resolution of contractual issues and disputes arising with suppliers
- Managing variations to the subcontract and identifying emerging risks ensuring they are costed and monitored
- Ensuring adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management
- Significant experience in contract/subcontract/commercial management supported by a relevant tertiary qualification (commerce or engineering ideally)
- Previous experience in a project based environment, preferably in the Defence sector
- Extensive experience in the development and negotiation of complex defence contracts with major customers/suppliers
- A proven track record of successful delivery of major subcontracts obligations
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt your verbal and written styles to suit a variety of audiences
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving abilities
To apply please click apply or call David Taylor on +61 2 8289 3185 for a confidential discussion.