Procurement Category Manager - Direct
Salary Inc Super
Consultant Claire O
Date posted 20 February 2017
About the Company Warrnambool Cheese & Butter (WCB) has been producing high quality dairy products for over 125 years, making it the oldest dairy processor in Australia today. WCB has been listed on the Australian Stock Exchange since 2004 and is one of the largest employers in south-west Victoria, employing over 700 people across sites in Allansford, Mount Gambier and Port Melbourne. WCB offers a family oriented workplace, which strives for efficiency, ownership and a shared commitment to the business’ goals.
About the role
Based along the Great Ocean road, an integral role in the organisation during a time of transition, seeking a proactive and highly organised Procurement Category Manager to provide support to the business procurement process. Key to your role is ensuring the highest level of service provided to the business in securing quality goods from suppliers.
- Develop and implement category management strategies for the relevant categories
- Oversee analysis of spend in direct categories
- Manage and maintain the Supply Agreements with Suppliers
- Effectively manage tender and procurement contracts
- Map and identify opportunities to improve demand management
- Build strong relationships with key business stakeholders both internal and external
- Provide first class coaching and support to the procurement
- Ideally you will bring a minimum of three to five years’ experience in a direct category procurement role
- Proven track record in the effective management of direct spend categories
- You will have prior experience of managing complex tender processes
- Financial Acumen with the ability to create and manage budgets
- Experience with a large ERP a distinct advantage
- Prior experience in FMCG is highly regarded
- Excellent relationship management, negotiation and analytical skills are mandatory
An interesting and challenging position offering great exposure within a successful, well known and reputable organisation during a period of growth
To apply please click apply or call Claire O'Neill on 03 8628 2142 for a confidential discussion.