Procurement Category Manager APAC - Metal, Rubber & Capex
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant David Taylor
Date posted 7 March 2017
Aliaxis, a global manufacturing leader is recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager APAC - Finished Goods, Metal, Rubber and Capex based in Sydney CBD.
Aliaxis are a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of fluid handling solutions. Aliaxis extensive plastic pipes and fittings offering finds its way into buildings, infrastructure and industrial applications all over the world. With a global workforce of more than 16,200 employees, the organisations flexibility means we provide both standard and tailored solutions that match the needs of our customers and end-users perfectly.
Our Group is active through more than 100 manufacturing and commercial companies, operating in over 45 countries. Aliaxis is privately owned, and our global headquarters is in Brussels, Belgium. This position is based in Sydney.
About the role
The Procurement Category Manager APAC will work with the Procurement Lead in the region and in each market to develop the yearly and long term procurement plans to generate benefits and/or revenues for the Region Markets and ensure right supply on time.
As partner to the businesses in the region and in line with the overall procurement global/regional strategy, the Procurement Category Manager APAC is responsible for the Finished Goods, Metal, Rubber and Capex regional sourcing strategy and implementation plan.
The main objectives are to negotiate contracts in order to realise savings and improve cash, secure the right suppliers for the businesses in the region, develop a profound knowledge of the category to ensure the best sourcing decisions and continuously improve category management processes and practices.
Lead the category at regional level by:
- Developing and implementing the regional spend category / sourcing strategies to achieve business objectives for key stakeholders
- Contribute actively to the community of practice of category managers of Finished Goods, Metal, Rubber and Capex in the different regions, move towards standardisation and then integration of processes, systems and practices at regional/global level
- Carrying out market analysis of the category in the region and risk mitigation
- Identifying key suppliers and ensuring total cost reduction for the category
- Getting a world-wide knowledge of the suppliers market of the category, thus bringing innovation & change management and new opportunities to the company
- Generating value through better ordering, spend visibility, contracts, market insights, supplier driven innovation, demand management, collaboration with value generating suppliers, internal/external collaboration
- Being the company key contact with suppliers in the category.
- Identifying the market levers and formulating an improvement strategy (risk, innovation and cost)
- Negotiating with suppliers in the category & setting up contracts with suppliers
- Working with R&D, Operations and other internal stakeholders in the region to standardise and rationalise the category
- Experience and background managing procurement in a complex, large and multi-cultural organisation, ideally in a manufacturing/ industrial environment
- Effective leadership and influencing skills - Proven credibility drawn from previous experience working with Local & Regional Management Teams
- Excellent strategic thinking skills combined with strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills; be confident, resilient and comfortable with communicating at all level
- Outstanding negotiation and project management skills
- Demonstrated change/project management experience with the ability to design and implement category management into a world class organisation
- Essential to have experience in Finished Goods, Metal, Rubber and Capex – must have in depth knowledge of how metals are fabricated and the costings of these categories
- experience in procurement supply chain and/or operational management; demonstrating a proven track record of delivering large savings and managing
- Ability to ‘sell’ procurement’s value and to run procurement as a professional services business
- Strong experience in working in complex matrix organisations
- Willing to travel regionally/globally up to 33%
To apply please click apply or call David Taylor on +61 2 8289 3185 for a confidential discussion.