Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Mairead O’Halloran
Date posted 9 March 2017
Excellent permanent procurement opportunity , located in Sydney CBD. This role will offer the successful candidate a fantastic working environment.
About the company
MetLife are a leading provider of life insurance and retirement solutions, partnering with employers and super funds to help more Australians create a lifestyle they love.
This permanent role offers an amazing opportunity to join an organisation that is poised for growth as the next challenger brand in the Australian market, with a presence supporting customers in more than 40 countries worldwide and market leader in corporate insurance solutions in the US, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Based in Sydney CBD, for the successful candidate this opportunity will offer a modern, fun and collaborative working environment, a good work/life balance, personal/professional development training and access to health and wellness programs.
About the role
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Services Manager and working with various stakeholders across Finance, IT, Marketing, Legal, Operations and regional offices.
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic procurement professional who is on the upward curve in their career looking to work towards a future in Procurement Management.
- Analysis, governance, sourcing, contract management, vendor management and purchasing
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate vendor/supplier list
- Maintaining and building existing working relationships with Regional and Global Corporate Services offices
- Keeping up to date with industry best practice to ensure highest benefit to the company
- Stakeholder engagement – working internally and externally with stakeholders and suppliers
- Data analysis to identify areas of opportunity, vendor listing , build consistent reporting
- Drive annual savings through expense management – managing corporate cards and travel
- Educate stakeholders on the sourcing process and procurement best practice
- Negotiation and supplier relationship management - monitoring SLA agreements
- Ability to negotiate and work on complex sourcing projects
- Ability to understand and interpret contracts, due diligence, identify risk, partner with the Corporate Services Manager and Legal to develop and implement contracts
- Work and collaborate with the group/regional procurement team and support group initiatives
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience in end-to-end procurement
- Demonstrated strong networking, influencing and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated experience in managing and solving stakeholder issues
- Experience ensuring and documenting due diligence on sourcing events
- Customer service focused and ability to demonstrate the value of procurement
- Working knowledge of contracts and the ability to liaise with legal counsel
- Experience and demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time, identifying and overcoming obstacles and/or challenges
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a proactive and flexible approach and a can do attitude
- Experience is Ariba is desirable but not essential
MetLife offer a great place to work where you will be part of a professional team, with opportunities to grow both locally and globally.
To apply please click apply or call Mairead O'Halloran on +61 2 8289 3123 for a confidential discussion.