Procurement and Contracts Officer – Heavy Industry
Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 23 February 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Opportunity to work for a company that is very positioned for continued success and growth.
Key responsibilities within your role will include:
- Supporting the Procurement and Commercial Manager in the commercial management of agreement and subcontracts, through effective commercial administration, including milestones, claims, notices/letters, flow-down of contract amendments and the resolution of contractual issues and disputes arising.
- Drafting / reviewing scopes of works and other tender documents to accompany request for quotations issued to subcontractors & suppliers
- Interpreting specifications and drawings to understand the scope of works for the project at subcontract level
- Managing the tender review process to ensure the award of all subcontracts within the required timeframe and budget
- Assisting senior project staff with the internal and external monthly financial reports
- Assisting with the management of awarded Works Packages, updating and maintaining various registers, administration of securities, distributing contractual correspondence
- Management of subcontractor payment claims, including variation claims
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- The ability to act as a ‘Self Starter’ with limited close supervision.
- Ability to show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Good commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in contract/correspondence
- Able to progress issues and resolve actions within a project team environment.
- Ability to use good written and verbal communication skills is important to this role
To apply please click apply or call (Nicholas Kulakoff) on (08 8216 3513) for a confidential discussion.