Commercial Contracts Manager
Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 6 September 2018 2018-09-062018-09-28 defence-and-military 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Robert Walters has been exclusively engage to recruit a Contract Manager for a global Defence Prime. Working with this growing and market leading organisation, you'll be involved in shaping and implementing sophisticated contracting arrangements for leading-edge applications that are world first. Working with leaders in the field, you'll have the chance to contribute to key and challenging projects that shape the future of this business.
As part of the Commercial Group, the Contracts Manager will have a responsibility to provide a pro-active and timely commercial service to both internal and external customers. The incumbent is expected to be an active member of the Commercial Team and contribute to the achievement of the role of the Commercial Group. Given the complexities of the project aligned to this role Defence or Heavy Industry experience is a non-negotiable.
- Undertake contractual management of projects to maximise commercial outcomes of the contract including escalation claims, extensions of time, variations, payments, instructions, and export control matters; the identification and management of commercial risks.
- Undertake negotiations with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers relating to contractual issues, teaming arrangements, licensing arrangements and confidentiality agreements to ensure commercial integrity.
- Provide commercial advice to project and tender teams ensuring that key commercial, legal and contractual issues are dealt with in an effective and efficient manner.
- As part of tender and proposals teams, take a proactive role in commercial, legal and contractual matters including the preparation of Request for Tender and Contract documentation, statements of compliance and the like.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in a commercial environment including contract preparation, negotiation, administration and management of contractual relationships.
- Australian citizen or able to meet citizen eligibility requirements to comply with Defence Industry security requirements.
- Tertiary Qualifications in relevant discipline (eg Law, Business or Commerce).
- Demonstrated experience in a contract management (or equivalent) role, and an excellent working knowledge of contract management processes and techniques.
- Working knowledge of Australian Defence Industry contracting and procurement processes
- A sound understanding of principles of contract law.
- Working knowledge of Australian and US Government Export control processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of contractual requirements of large multi-discipline projects in Engineering or Defence environment
- High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders in providing expert contract management advice.
- An experienced negotiator.
- Relationship management skills and the ability to build strong commercial relationships
- Organisational skills with ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to deliver outcomes.
- Innovative in approach to problems and opportunities, lateral thinking.
- Comfortable dealing with conflict and confrontation.
- A proactive, service orientated work style.
- Professional manner with personal integrity and high ethical standards.
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting Adelaide based opportunity please contact Nick Kulakoff
To apply please click apply or call (Nicholas Kulakoff) on (08 8216 3513) for a confidential discussion.