Consultant Victoria Winstanley
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-10-13 purchasing-and-procurement 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
A fantastic opportunity for a Category Manager to develop and implement category management strategies within professional services categories.
This is a permanent position for a category manager to drive sustainable value across professional services categories of spend from inception of the category strategy, through sourcing and market engagement activities to ensuring suppliers are managed appropriately. This includes ensuring the function supports the company’s strategy of driving operational simplification and scalability, customer satisfaction and organisational agility. Scope includes the Australia Division and Group Divisions located in Australia. The Category Manager will report directly into the Procurement Manager.
- Develop, implement and present category management strategies for major areas of expenditure
- Identify and deliver major sourcing initiatives, lead complex negotiations and the development of contractual agreements
- Engage with major stakeholders and drive stakeholder change management activities
- Ensure procurement activities support a proactive risk culture and comply with statutory and regulatory governance requirements
- Explore and promote opportunities for value creation, innovation and improved performance, including the development of business cases
- Significant procurement experience in either a category management or sourcing role and understands what great looks like
- Clear examples of benefits realisation and value through the implementation of category strategies, sourcing projects and or procurement process improvement
- Experience in developing and managing suppliers within financial services
- Strong governance and change management experience
- Ability to work with a varied stakeholder group including Risk, Legal and Finance
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large company organisational structure
- Professional services and legal knowledge
- Business or equivalent Bachelor’s Degree
To apply please click apply or call Victoria Winstanley on +61 2 82893232 for a confidential discussion.