Consultant Victoria Winstanley
Date posted 20 September 2018 2018-09-202018-10-20 purchasing-and-procurement 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
An exciting opportunity for a Procurement Analyst to play a critical role in the transformation phase of a government organisation.
This role is for an excellent Procurement Analyst to play a critical role in Procurement during an exciting phase of transformation. The analyst will be a valued contributor to the business and will be provided with regular development opportunities. It is based in St Leonards and is an ASX listed healthcare provider.
- Providing data analysis identifying areas of opportunity and providing recommendations in accordance with business strategy
- Assisting category managers with identifying and collating lists of products agreed to as well as items that need to renegotiated
- Drive the use of sophisticated and innovative analytical methods for exploring data to provide data driven insights and support strategic decision-making across the Pathology business units
- Undertake spend analytics on suppliers and categories to identify purchasing trends, usage and opportunity for cost savings
- Conduct regular reviews of identified spend categories including the use of tools to track spend and issuing reports to management showing the trends and exceptions
- Partner with key stakeholders across all business units to ensure cost base is being improved
- Identify opportunities to automate processes
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Analyst role in a Procurement environment complemented by strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Advanced Excel skills with excellent analytical and reporting skills having worked with complex data sets and analysis methods
- Tertiary qualification in Business/Finance or related discipline; accreditations in Procurement is advantageous
- Experience using SAP (preferable)
- Experience with business intelligence tools is preferable
- Strong administration background;
- Build strong relationships across the range of multi-disciplinary internal customers and external suppliers, displaying a high level of interpersonal skills in communication, consultation, negotiation and influence
- Have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adaptability and agility in working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise across multiple tasks and deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
To apply please click apply or call Victoria Winstanley on +61 2 82893232 for a confidential discussion.