Strategic Sourcing Manager
Consultant Victoria Winstanley
Date posted 26 September 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Strategic Sourcing Manager to work on a whole of Government project.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will have primary responsibility for a major Whole of Government contract re-tender, so it is a very high profile and interesting position. The role is also responsible for supporting the Category Director in coordinating category teams, developing category plans and strategies, managing sourcing projects, establishing contracts that minimise risk and achieves best value and ensuring the benefits realisation of the contracts to meet the Department’s business objectives within the Equipment Category. The role is a 6 month contract initially based on Oxford Street.
- Manage the development, implementation and delivery of procurement category and contract strategies
- Provide advice both within the Department and externally on Government procurement
- Influence compliant and value-driven processes and outcomes across the Department
- Lead negotiations with suppliers
- To provide subject expertise to support the development of procurement processes that are agile and comply with requirements while achieving optimal business outcomes.
- Manage the Department’s category management and sourcing practice center of excellence for the Equipment Category
- Manage Category Management Team’s deliverables
- Mentor and develop staff including Procurement Practitioners across the Education cluster to enable them to build the specialist expertise, knowledge and skills
- Government experience working on large scale, complex projects, consistently over 2 years. Projects which are at least worth $500k
- Managed end to end procurement process for Government NSW or Federal Level/interstate
- Sourcing in complex environments (multi-departmental/scope/multiple projects/state contracts/whole of Government)
- Worked on large standing panels (high volume, running large open tender, broad range of requirements, a lot of vendors)
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. CIPS, PCTP level 4) or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- Minimum 4 years procurement experience
- Strong data analysis and stakeholder management skills
To apply please click apply or call Victoria Winstanley on +61 2 82893232 for a confidential discussion.