Consultant Victoria Winstanley
Date posted 9 October 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
An excellent opportunity for a Procurement Coordinator to execute procurement and purchasing strategies within a government organisation. The role is for a 3+ month cover based in Ultimo.
The Procurement Coordinator coordinates the procurement function within the science unit, providing support and advice so as to maximize benefits from purchasing. The Procurement Coordinator is responsible for planning, executing and finalising purchasing and procurement strategies. This includes the ongoing development and management of the procurement databases and associated systems and contract management. The role reports into the General Manager and will be responsible for leading a team of 2.
- Day to day coordination of supply and procurement function, including contract coordination, supplier relationship building, procurement of materials, procurement recommendations
- Develop, establish, implement and enforce supplier guidelines, obligations & service level agreements
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions of sales, warranties for goods and contract management with key suppliers. This includes the negotiation and implementation of new supplier contracts and delivery of appropriate purchasing strategies
- Interview, identify and qualify potential new vendors or suppliers in order to secure more cost effective sources of products and services
- Provide advice and training for staff in procurement procedures
- Regular review and implementation of improved procedures and guidelines
- Prepare regular reports on performance of operational purchasing to the Faculty General Manager to inform strategic planning
- Ensure Environmental, Health and Safety requirements in relation to goods being ordered
- Experience in leading a team
- Procurement experience within the NSW public service
- Science background (preferred)
- High value tendering experience
- Ability to work independently as well in a team
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A high level of communication and client liaison skills Demonstrated
- High level analytical interpretation and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (eg. Oracle, I-Procurement and associated systems) and an ability to train staff in system literacy
- Knowledge of the financial systems and processes that underpin procurement in a large complex organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of issues of risk management and risk mitigation strategies
To apply please click apply or call Victoria Winstanley on +61 2 82893232 for a confidential discussion.