Consultant Victoria Winstanley
Date posted 10 October 2018 2018-10-102018-11-09 purchasing-and-procurement 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for strategic sourcing across multiple category portfolios in support of the implementation of category and sourcing strategies. This role will be responsible for sourcing events with the support of a cross-functional team and guided by the Portfolio Category Manager. The Sourcing Specialist will aim to deliver relevant aspects of the Procurement Management Plan and achieve best value for organisation.
The Sourcing Specialist position is within the Financial Services faculty of the organisation in the Procurement Services team. They will be responsible the for procurement of external goods, services and capital works in order to deliver excellent educational and research outcomes. They will need to add value through the continual development of Procurement capability. Building strong relationships with stakeholders across the business is essential as well as with key suppliers. It will be the role of the Sourcing Specialist to deliver end to end sourcing projects specific to the portfolio to contribute to the achievement of initiatives as part of the Procurement Strategy and Annual Procurement Plan.
- Implementation of strategic sourcing processes allocated by the Portfolio Category Manager
- Provide analysis and the extraction of insights across spend, demand, the supply market and suppliers
- Provide input and deliver the relevant aspects of the annual Procurement Management Plan
- Contribute to the development and implementation of relationship management initiatives
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the strategies of specific markets and industries that impacts spend under management.
- Conduct significant sourcing events and deliver the remaining sourcing program collaboratively, with University stakeholders.
- Utilise negotiation and influencing strategies, where appropriate, in order to ensure maximum benefit and value
- Manage the end-to-end sourcing process for straightforward events with the support of a cross-functional sourcing project team.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to accelerate the maturity of Procurement Services in the area of strategic sourcing and category management.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Developed understanding of industry recognised procurement process and specialised sourcing methodologies
- Superior customer service skills coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management skills
- Extensive experience in a role within a Procurement function in a large, complex organisation.
- Significant experience in liaising with and providing advice to stakeholders whilst working within the confines of process and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated experience in portfolio and category management in both public and private sector environments
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or Commerce or relevant discipline
To apply please click apply or call Victoria Winstanley on +61 2 82893232 for a confidential discussion.