Consultant Victoria Winstanley
Date posted 20 November 2018 2018-11-202018-12-20 purchasing-and-procurement 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
A fantastic opportunity for a Category Manager to work within the manufacturing and retail industry looking after construction and store design categories. The role is a permanent position based in Macquarie Park.
The Category Manager will report into the Procurement Manager and will be responsible for looking after the Store Design and Construction categories. They will need to ensure the services are supplied by reputable suppliers and at the best cost. The Category Manager will need to develop category strategies in partnership with stakeholders and while understanding the business needs. They will be responsible for negotiating pricing and commercial terms as well as managing the relationships with vendors.
- Spend data analysis, Purchase Order management and tracking and reporting
- Continuous assessment of Store Design and Construction categories of spend
- Vendor management and contract management including establishing benchmarks to measure category performance, reporting KPI performance, selected vendors, contract negotiation and researching good vendors
- Assess tender requirements and manage the tender process
- Change management when new vendors are brought on board
- Process improvement and cost improvement
- Ensure compliance with OHS policies and procedures
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years experiences in sourcing job from retail industry, Indirect Procurement area experience is preferred, store operation category knowledge will a plus
- Category Management experience
- Understanding of Procurement Process
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management
To apply please click apply or call Victoria Winstanley on +61 2 82893232 for a confidential discussion.