Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Emma Kwasha
Date posted 21 November 2018 2018-11-212018-12-21 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A well established and recognised financial services company, in a central CBD Sydney location, that now has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Consultant within the Procurement team. You will be apart of a department that is responsible for delivering sourcing strategies and solutions that enable the delivery of business goals and objectives.
About the role:
The purpose of the role is to work within the Business Services team, and is responsible for supporting the maintenance and management of vendor relationship(s) delivering commercial, contractual, legal and financial outcomes for specific category(s) and ad hoc projects, ensuring that the company achieves maximum leverage (price and service delivery/quality) from vendor arrangements.
The role requires market knowledge, interaction with external & internal stakeholders, and the successful applicant must be a team player.
You will report to the Senior Commercial Manager responsible for the Professional Services category which includes some day to day management of offshored procurement resources. Software experience is preferred but not essential.
• Maintain Operational Reporting Solution in Excel
• Provide procurement support across various indirect services
• Support strategies and processes to ensure the companies relationships with key vendors deliver competitive solutions
• Manage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written, numerical and verbal skills to communicate with vendors, senior management and business stakeholders
- Advanced abilities in Word and Excel
- Strong communication style and ability to build relationships quickly and work effectively within a team environment
- Keen to learn and develop, ambitious for advancement
- Understanding of basic contract law, including interpreting contract terms and drafting business requirements and statements of work.
- Experience of working with internal and external legal teams
- Financial Services industry or Professional Service industry experience
• 2-4 years experience in a commercial environment including experience in negotiating and managing medium value vendor contracts.
• Degree Level Education preferably in Legal, Business or Management
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting a career with a successful and well-established company that provides career progression in a convenient CBD Sydney location.
To apply please click apply or call Emma Kwasha on +61 2 82893175 for a confidential discussion.