Senior Procurement Specialist
Consultant Nicholas Kulakoff
Date posted 23 November 2018 2018-11-232018-12-23 defence-and-military 1 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
The Senior Procurement Specialist will manage strategic sourcing categories and activities. This role will help develop, deliver or support business critical category strategies and related sourcing activities through proactive engagement with key business stakeholders and the external market to ensure value for money outcomes.
- Provide support to relevant team members and operate as the point of contact to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support implementation and overall development of Procurement frameworks
- Develop cost effective strategies to complement the organizations long term direction.
- Lead Cross functional teams through sourcing and subcontracting.
- Development scope of work, budgets, negotiation, risks and opportunity direction
- Management of contract performance in cooperation with respective contract owners.
- Implement performance and cost saving measures for various sourcing activities.
Key Skills and experience:
- Strong MS Project & Excel skills for cost tracking, forecasting and experience in creating tools to monitor and tracks costs within a project.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in a relevant Supply Chain role in a Manufacturing, Defence or Resource Environment.
- Proven track record for delivering significant cost savings and other business value through the development and implementation of sourcing strategy and plans.
- Proven ability to work as a team player within multifunctional and multidiscipline teams, sharing knowledge, contributing proactively to achieving goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight time frames.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Law, Supply chain or Related.
If you are interested in this exciting senior opportunity with a dynamic business and project with significant reach and presence in Australia then please get in touch.
To apply please click apply or call (Nicholas Kulakoff) on (08 8216 3513) for a confidential discussion.