Category Manager, Professional Services | ASX Mining Corporate
Location Melbourne CBDCONTRACTOR
Consultant Mark Hetherington
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-03-28 purchasing-and-procurement Melbourne CBD Victoria Collins Street AU 3000 AUD 700 800 800 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement / Category Management professional to join a global ASX listed mining business on a temporary contract based in their Melbourne head office.
About the Category Manager role:
This role will focus on supply category management support within the professional services category covering consulting, accounting, tax, assurance, financial and legal services.
- Supports the development of innovative, value-driven, multi-year category strategies by leveraging deep category knowledge, market intelligence, awareness of technology developments, emerging markets awareness and a detailed understanding of business needs
- Develops strong relationships with internal business leaders and key stakeholders to understand business objectives
- Monitors application of Supply category management processes within the team to support compliance
Sourcing Strategy and Planning
- Support the development of a sourcing plan aligned with category strategies
- Works collaboratively with stakeholders and challenges appropriately to develop sourcing strategies and supply solutions that balance stakeholder needs, productivity, commercial value and risk
- Builds compelling cases for change and influences stakeholders and market to implement change
Tender and Contract Management
- Executes strategic sourcing projects
- Leads negotiations
- Prepares market engagement strategies, negotiation plans and contract award recommendations
- Post graduate degree preferably (MBA, Masters or PhD)
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience preferably in category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, finance or legal.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team
- Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Experience developing category strategy documents and business cases
- Strong negotiation experience
- Knowledge of BravoSolution contract management system preferred
If the above sounds of interest, is relevant to your experience and you are immediately available then please apply below.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Hetherington on 03 8628 2102 for a confidential discussion.