Senior Category Manager - Real Estate
Location Brisbane CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicki McCaskill
Date posted 8 July 20192019-07-08 2019-08-07 purchasing-and-procurement Brisbane CBD Queensland AU 4000 AUD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The role exists to deliver proactive procurement category management to this large organisation's Real Estate business areas to drive value out of existing supplier relationships, and to work closely with the key stakeholders to address their needs in a timely manner by engaging the market and delivering cost effective and robust solutions.
The role is responsible for developing and implementing Category plans, sourcing strategies and/or negotiation strategies that achieve the following:
• Address and align to Real Estate strategies and/or business requirements
• Gather appropriate market and industry intelligence about categories in scope
• Identify initiatives that derive benefits (quantifiable or qualitative) through sourcing, demand management, process improvement and/or contract management opportunities
• Define roles & responsibilities between Procurement, stakeholders and vendor management teams in the business for the sourcing event and ongoing operational management.
Maintenance of Suppliers and Contracts
The role is responsible for managing a category of existing suppliers and contracts, with the aim of:
• Planning for a pipeline of contract review activity
• Ensuring any contract renewals are competitive, delivered through an appropriate supply model and well scoped
• Executing extensions, variations and terminations of legal instruments that meet stakeholders’ business needs
• Resolve supplier disputes that have been escalated or are of a systematic or strategic nature
Actively and appropriately engage stakeholders, including:
• Provide single point representation and relationship management for Procurement to the relevant divisions within the Real Estate portfolio
• Effectively collaborate and engage with key stakeholders such as business owners, vendor management business teams, suppliers and Procurement colleagues
• Educate stakeholders about the Procurement operating model, processes and policies so that conflicts about roles and responsibilities are avoided
Qualifications and Experience
• Tertiary education with a Procurement, Legal or Business related degree; or highly experienced in a Procurement related environment
Experience (minimum type and level of experience required to perform the role)
• Experienced procurement professional with 5+ years experience in procurement leading initiatives.
• Experience in large organisations with complex environments.
• Experienced in achieving and being accountable for tangible commercial results.
• Experience in developing strategies, presenting to and influencing key stakeholders.
To apply please click apply or call Nicki McCaskill on +61 7 30322250 for a confidential discussion.