Procurement Specialist | Utilities | 6 Month Contract
Location Inner Suburbs MelbourneCONTRACTOR
Consultant Mark Hetherington
Date posted 9 September 20192019-09-09 2019-10-09 purchasing-and-procurement Melbourne Victoria McNab Avenue AU 3011 AUD 60 70 70 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join a leading utilities business based in inner western suburbs of Melbourne on an initial 6 month contract.
About the Procurement Specialist role:
This role will support the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide the IT department with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance. This role also works closely with the governance team, project teams, and procurement and vendor management to uplift the supplier management life cycle.
- Apply innovative thinking to IT procurement panel development to support business outcomes
- Work with IT contract owners to analyse current spend and evaluate current suppliers.
- Consolidate spend across supply base to create leverage, analyse purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives.
- Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
- Assist in the development of spend strategies, identification of potential suppliers, analysis of supplier capabilities, selection of suppliers and determining prices, terms, and conditions of agreements.
- Assist in the evaluation of supplier business proposals and present recommendations that will result in cost savings, avoidance or containment.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience working within a procurement and/or supply chain role with demonstrated experience in contract and vendor management. You will also have excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills, and a good understanding of technology & non-technology contracts and procurement.
If the above sounds like you then please follow the instructions to apply for the role.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Hetherington on 03 8628 2102 for a confidential discussion.