Location Inner West Sydney
Consultant Simon Hickey
Date posted 19 March 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Quality Controller opportunity for growing food and drinks company based in Sydney Inner West. A great chance to join an ambitious company and an energetic team environment. Permanent position looking for an immediate start. Supporting the Production and Quality Manager in developing and sustaining quality systems, good manufacturing and food safety practices.
Quality Controller (Batchmaker) opportunity in food and drinks company based in Sydney Inner West.
- Be actively involved in health and safety requirements, reporting accidents and incidents for resolution and management.
- Attendance and proactive involvement in manufacturing area H&S meetings.
- Test batches to conform to specification, maintaining cleanliness of analytic equipment.
- Active involvement in the planning of production with the Production Manager & Planning Team.
- Support Production Manager & quality systems development.
- Attend key planning and operational meetings.
- Adapt and implement systems within manufacturing and quality systems, this includes preparation of SOP's and production paperwork.
- Actively discuss opportunities for process improvement and implement where appropriate.
- Initiate and assist with training and coaching of Production, QC and other personnel in both informal and formal sessions
- Develop, sustain and improve QC laboratory systems in concordance with company systems.
- Degree qualified in either Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or something similar.
- 5 plus years relevant experience in the food or pharmaceutical industry.
- A focus on process improvement.
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office and familiarity with Access.
- Understanding and experience in control of HACCP and ISO9001 Quality systems, ISO 17025 and auditing in the food industry.
- Leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Beverage / FMCG experience with Lean manufacturing is desirable.
- Supervisor experience would be a plus.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- Good location close to Sydney city centre.
- Chance to join fun, energetic and team orientated environment.
- Career progression opportunities for ambitious candidates.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Hickey on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.