Consultant David Glass
Date posted 7 September 2016
A very rare and exciting opportunity to join a Global leader, supporting the Supply Chain function as the Material Planner.
The Material Planner will be reporting to the Senior Material Planner, this role will be responsible for managing the supply and availability of a given set of materials in a specialist area of the business. In this capacity the material planner will support the both the operations and also customer facing units.
As the Material Planner you will be tasked with reviewing current planning, forecasting and fulfilment requirements aiming at improving, refining and automating. Supporting ongoing dynamic projects your stake holder management both internally and cross functionally.
- Developing and implementing best in class material planning methods ensure appropriate material supply at minimal working capital and operational cost
- Drive cross cross-functional collaboration to create consensus of supply requirements
- Measuring both Network and supplier performance in the forecasting, planning and supply of material; and for recommending/implementing improvements with the relevant key stakeholders.
- Analysis of technology introduction trends and influencing factors to appropriately incorporate these into the material plan.
- Development of exception based management processes to continually drive productivity and accuracy.
- Install Inventory optimisation whilst delivering high material availability.
- Participation in development and implementation of strategies in response to rapid network or technology changes.
- Design and implement KPI’s which measure forecast accuracy, inventory turns and vendor delivery performance against agreed targets and KPIs.
- Minimum 4 year's experience in Inventory Management, MRP, Planning & Forecasting.
- Strong Analytic Skills; forecast analysis experience
- Tertiary qualification in an associated discipline. Diploma, Degree or APICS qualifications in Supply Chain Management preferable.
- Broad experience across multiple supply chain functions
- Strong key stakeholder engagement skills
- Commercial acumen
To apply please click apply or call David Glass on 02 8289 3166 for a confidential discussion.