Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Martine Dines
Date posted 5 October 2016
Large e-commerce company are setting up a new office in Sydney and are seeking a Buyer. The Buyer will report directly to the Buying Manager. The organisation is currently going through mass growth so the Buyer needs to have strong Australian experience within the Retail and FMCG industry. The role is permanent and located in Sydney so very accessible by train.
About the role:
In the company’s early presence within Australia, they have established themselves on the market. The Buyers need to hit the ground running and establish a strong relationship with the Australian Brands if they don’t have a relationship with them already.
- Develop new business partnerships with brands and platforms across categories (Food/Supplements, Lifestyle, Home, Cosmetics, and Kids& Maternity) in Australia and New Zealand market
- Manage vendor negotiations, on-boarding and brand set up processes
- Responsible for achieving sales performance targets
- Proactively research and understand e-commerce market and consumer behaviour to identify target brands and product types to acquire
- Regularly “shop” the market to understand key market trends and top sellers
- Attend tradeshows, solicit leads and pitch brands/platforms
- 4-6 years of work experience in a Buying role in Australia
- Solid organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the local business and retail brands
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner, self-motivated and works well under pressure
To apply please click apply or call Martine Dines on +61 2 8289 3239 for a confidential discussion.