Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Martine Dines
Date posted 23 January 2017
About the role: This is a newly created role for an experienced Demand Planner to join the team on a permanent contract. It is an analytical focused, strategic and influential supply chain role which will challenge and utilize an inquisitive mindset. The role works within a mature, cross-functional planning process and is well supported by state of the art analytical and planning tools. The ANZ team manages 3500 SKUs within 6 patient care portfolios.
About the company:
Boston Scientific is a global medical device company based in Mascot with over 23,000 employees worldwide and a supply network that stretched around the world. Its mission is to Advance Science for Life™ and has a strong commitment to develop products that improve the quality of life for people everywhere. It values innovation, collaboration and high performance and actively develops its people to be the best they can be.
Over the last few years, Boston Scientific in ANZ has grown double digits year on year and has substantially expanded its product portfolio. This growth creates the opportunity to expand its supply chain team with the addition of a Demand Planner.
- Prepare and lead Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning meetings with marketing managers and business unit leaders
- Optimise working capital by establishing appropriate inventory policies for warehouse and field inventory
- Work with Regional Demand Planners and Global Supply Chain on all aspects of planning and execution
- Provide timely and accurate information to stakeholders to enable them to make powerful business decisions
- Set up and drive the supply chain to meet the businesses service level expectations
- Previous experience in inventory demand planning and forecasting
- Advanced computer skills, particularly superior Excel skills and a strong knowledge of SAP
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills with the ability to respond resourcefully
- Solutions driven with a positive attitude to challenges and demands
- Superior attention to detail with a results oriented approach
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Medical devices experience highly desirable
- Strong Influence stakeholders and create strong relationships
- Degree (Business, Engineering or related field) or Australian Production and Inventory Control Society(APICS) qualified desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to lead the forecasting, demand planning, new product launches and inventory management for a leading company in the ANZ region.
By partnering with your ANZ business and global supply chain colleagues, you will deliver exceptional health outcome patients and outstanding service to our customers.
If you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and are looking to join a company that is focussed on employee engagement and development, please submit your current resume via the associated link or on the Robert Walters website. For any further information please call Martine Dines on 02 8289 3239.
To apply please click apply or call Martine Dines on +61 2 8289 3239 for a confidential discussion.