Supply Chain Manager
Consultant Martine Dines
Date posted 20 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for all end to end Supply Chain from integrating Spares planning, demand management, Procurement and Warehousing. This will include establishing and placing the appropriate contracting arrangements with capable suppliers within the defence industry. The Supply Chain Manager will also have a huge focus on developing and improving warehousing and logistics solutions. Supply Chain Manager will report to the Program Manager and will be based in Sydney.
- Provide leadership to a team of min 10 and ensure required level of performance is reached within the business.
- Lead the supplier sourcing and selection process, in line with the business’ requirements.
- Support the development and implementation of robust commodity strategies and supplier agreements on behalf of the business.
- Proactively manage the performance of the supply base to ensure the delivery, cost and quality requirements of the business are achieved.
- Facilitate effective business relationships with suppliers as well as customers and internal stakeholders to ensure the requirements of the business are met.
- Identify and manage supplier contractual risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead the development of enhanced business systems and processes to more effectively achieve the Supply Chain objectives.
- Manage the inventory, warehousing and logistics activities to optimise budget, cost and schedule requirements.
- Develop, manage and assess Management Plans in support of the LCM process.
- Implement and follow the procurement policies and processes as determined by the procurement function, ensuring compliance with the relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in procurement, logistics and materials management including a minimum of 2 years leading and managing a multi-disciplinary
- Degree qualified (business management and/or logistics advantageous)
- MCIPS professional qualification – desirable
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian defence security clearance
- Ability to form strong working relationships in a complex project environment, with major suppliers and their supply chains
To apply please click apply or call Martine Dines on +61 2 8289 3239 for a confidential discussion.