Salary AUD80000 - AUD90000 per annum + Super
Location Inner West Sydney
Consultant Ben Sunderland
Date posted 1 September 2016
As the Shift Manager, you will have proven experience working within similar roles managing large teams in a dynamic warehouse environment. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will need to be able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment, managing a team of 100+ staff.
Key Responsibilities of the Shift Manager:
- Managing the day-to-day functions: inbound, inventory, outbound & loading of delivery vehicles
- Drive the productivity of staff, delivering an increase in DIFOT and pick rates.
- Ensure all OH&S and industry procedures and policies are followed
- Accurate management of labour requirements to minimise costs
- Extensive reporting on KPIs e.g. DIFOT, Pick Rates
- Managing the operational budget and implement new SOP’s to reduce costs
- Leading and supporting staff in performing their role to the expected standard and ensure staff understands all facets of operational requirements through training
- Staff management, holding toolbox meetings and training sessions
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 5+ years experience working as a Shift/Warehouse/Operations Manager in a large, safe & fast paced distribution centre
- Previous experience in a FMCG/Retail/Pharmaceutical/3PL environment would be beneficial
- Exceptional, results driven man management skills, supervising large teams
- A safety first approach
- Intermediate MS Office, SAP and Manhattan WMS experience would be advantageous
- Labour Planning experience within a large operation
- Strong communication and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
This is truly a fantastic opportunity to work for a growing, dynamic, industry leading organisation that pride themselves on developing their staff. Also on offer is a competitive salary package, dependant on experience, and excellent opportunities for career advancement.
To apply please click apply or call Ben Sunderland on 02 8289 3192 for a confidential discussion.