Location Lane Cove
Consultant Martine Dines
Date posted 9 July 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
About the business: World leading specialist in marine electronics, providing navigation, marine instruments and fish-finding equipment to both the recreational and commercial marine sectors. Navico are a global business and they have an office based in Lane Cove, Sydney. They focus on making boating safer, easier and more fun and has resulted in the release of many world leading products. Innovation is at the heart of Navico’s business model and culture, this is coupled with an unprecedented product launch schedule that enables us to deliver real benefits to consumers across a broad range of recreational boating activities.
About the role:
Due to a move to 3PL, the team at Navico are seeking a Logistics Specialist to join the team in their brand-new office based in Lane Cove. The Logistics Specialist will have the opportunity to work across all 3 brands of the business; Lowrance, Simrad & B&G. The logistics specialist with be responsible for KPI management, Inventory Management and managing the account with their 3PL provider. There will be some travel required to visit the DC in Prestons however the Logistics Specialist will be mainly based in Lane Cove and will report to the Operations Manager.
- Daily liaison with outsourced distribution centre on all operational issues including receiving, inbound shipping, inventory, coordinating special projects/stock upgrades, stock transfers, customer claims, and adherence to Company policies & procedures.
- Monitor DC performance, utilising agreed metrics to measure. Collate and report monthly ensuring that targets are in line with company KPI’s and policies support targets.
- Create/update policies and procedures in line with company strategy including creating new kit work instructions in Word and PDF and updating the master PDF kit guide; review with 3PL and work on continuous improvement with goal of reducing costs and improving KPI’s.
- Overall responsibility for control of physical inventory ensuring accuracy is attained and processes are in place to meet defined KPIs. Monitor inventory transactions and log daily cycle count results and provide monthly inventory accuracy reports to Management.
- Review and approve regional freight related invoices for payment and manage End of Month Close of 3PL with ongoing coordination with all other departments. Ensure all shipments are completed to maximise revenue and close off reports are run, following the defined communication and escalation paths.
- Responsible for item setup and maintenance in Syteline ERP to ensure data accuracy around cost, lead times and MOQ’s
- Assist with Purchasing to MRP demand, expediting shortages where possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Professional Certification or equivalent 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of the function of a DC, preferably working with a 3PL
- Detailed knowledge of inventory control best practices
- High attention to detail, excellent organisation skills and very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of XML messaging and Syteline is highly desired)
- Analytical thinker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, urgency and ability to meet deadlines
What is on offer:
- Free secured parking
- Company discounts
- A social company calendar
- Bright new office space
- Autonomy to make the role your own
- Attractive salary
To apply please click apply or call Martine Dines on +61 2 8289 3239 for a confidential discussion.