Senior Associate/Vice President - Investment
Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant James Dalrymple
Date posted 27 September 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Equis Funds Group is Asia’s largest independent infrastructure and real asset investment manager. Headquartered in Singapore, Equis has successfully completed investments in ten Asia-Pacific countries, since 2011 Equis have raised over US$2.7 billion in private equity. Due to expansion in Australia, Equis is seeking to build a local investment team through the appointment of a Senior Associate or Vice President
- Provide expert support to Equis’ investment activities in Australia, support the local Partner with local market knowledge and expertise.
- Support business development activities including identifying new investment and/or divestiture opportunities in power, energy and infrastructure.
- Conduct preliminary analysis for investment projects, including financial analysis and due diligence.
- Evaluate project opportunities and risks and report on them to the partnership group in a clear and concise manner.
- Build and maintain a network of appropriate industry and government contacts to ensure access to the latest information, accurately assess the market to drive investment opportunities.
- Support the Partner to negotiate designated deals with a variety of actual and potential stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with transaction approval process and procedures, as established by the partnership and in accordance with applicable policies and budgets.
- Provide high quality information and reporting to the partnership team on the Australian portfolio.
- Interact effectively with Equis’ principal office where necessary, including portfolio management, development, finance, taxation, legal affairs and risk management and compliance.
- Strong local network in infrastructure and/or energy, with a track record of originating, analysing and assisting in the execution of deals.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in private equity deal origination, project development, M&A and/or corporate development, investment banking or advisory.
- Exceptional financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Highly analytical, self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of high functioning team.
- Must possess diplomacy, persuasiveness, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, for both external and internal stakeholders.
An excellent remuneration package will be provided for the successful candidate including an attractive basic salary, bonus and carry opportunity.
To apply please click apply or call James Dalrymple on +61 3 8628 2184 for a confidential discussion.