Major Accounts Executive
Location St Leonards
Consultant Henry Smith
Date posted 9 November 2016
Generate funding goals and resourcing from Corporate Partnerships (including pharmaceutical companies, device manufacturers and corporate partners) and Trusts and Foundations (corporate and grant making trusts and foundations) for JDRF.
JDRF Australia has the clear mission to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes and its complications.
Responsible for the cultivation and growth of funding from these streams by securing and growing existing relationships; identifying new opportunities and harnessing connections to realise them; applying creative thinking to develop mutually beneficial proposals and manage their solicitation and stewardship. This role will work closely with the Philanthropy Manager, the National Manager for Events and Campaigns and the State based Development Managers to ensure a holistic approach to these key relationships and sustain engagement and growth from these sectors.
Deliver relationship management and funding goals
- Ensure budget and operating plan objectives for the corporate partnerships, trusts and foundations streams (as defined above) are achieved and grow in a steady and sustainable manner year on year. This would include the execution of agreed partnership goals, regular review of progress against objectives, contract development, risk management and mitigation
- Generate a pipeline of new prospects, opportunities and develop proposals to effectively cultivation, solicit and steward to become supporter. This would include the development of high quality grant submissions and proposals working in collaboration with JDRF colleagues and others
- Meeting and managing current supporters in the field to continue to develop purposeful and effective relationships and seek to grow their value
- Work with program leads to ensure the sponsored programs are acquitted meeting the criteria as agreed, reporting requirements and relationship management to ensure a solid foundation for renewals and growth.
Mobilise colleagues and networks
- Work with JDRFI colleagues where Global Partnerships exist to identify opportunities for leverage
- Be the key contact point between the JDRF staff /stakeholders and the partner organisations to implement the operating plan activities.
- Understand and eloquently explain JDRF’s research approach to potential and current supporters goals. This will involve working with the COO, Research team and the Philanthropy Manager to determine the articulation of projects and progress
- Identify, recruit and work with high-level volunteers (e.g. Senior Leadership Group (SLG) Ambassadors Committee) who can assist with prospect identification and solicitation of supporters
Product identification and development
- Liaise with Research team and other JDRF colleagues to shape product/packaging propositions to successfully complete proposals and identify areas of opportunity
Reporting and monitoring
- Ensure that a current and accurate record of all acquisition and stewardship activity for these revenue streams is maintained on JDRF’s CRM; Raisers Edge
- Report regularly, against specified criteria, on pipeline development activity such as numbers of potential supporters, proposals status
- Work with Data Base manager and Finance Manager to gain a full view of all aspects of corporate relationships
- Undertake other duties consistent with the position as may from time to time be assigned to you, as well as supporting and contributing to the development of the fundraising function of JDRF
Experience and Knowledge
- Tertiary qualification
- Proven business development, fundraising, sales experience in a complex organisation
- Evidence of leading or contributing to funding streams from trusts and foundations, corporate partnerships, philanthropic organisations through successful implementation and management of fundraising strategies
Skills and abilities
- Recognise and embrace the value of adopting a collaborative and internally transparent approach to fundraising
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically about the relations between potential supporters and funding goals and to provide specialist expertise in the area of corporate partnering
- Ability to identify and work with colleagues in the cultivation of prospects and in the solicitation of sponsorships, grants and other support
- Articulate vision, mission and progress through effective story telling
- Ability to promote and activate interest amongst prospective partners / supporters in the goals and progress of JDRF
- Positive and accountable participant in team work with excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong negotiation, objection handling and conflict resolution skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to use and interpret information from multiple systems/sources
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (esp. Excel, Word, & Outlook), database searches
To apply please click apply or call Henry Smith on +61 2 8289 3131 for a confidential discussion.