Commercial Account Manager
Salary AUD75,000 - AUD90,000 per annum + Super
Consultant Tom Moore
Date posted 13 June 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
SMR Australia, working in close partnership with Motherson Innovations, is a supplier of cutting edge technology and components to the world's leading auto manufacturers. Located in Lonsdale, South Australia we are part of a global company focused on unique and innovative automotive and medical products. With a strong focus on R&D and value-add engineering SMR is continuing to develop export markets through strong collaboration with our customers and research partners.
The Commercial Account Manager will report directly to the Commercial Sales Manager and is critical to the success of the business in ensuring that existing customer relationships are optimised and excellent relationships are developed with new customers as they emerge. The Commercial Account Specialist is responsible for representing SMR Australia commercially with all business opportunities and to be the face of SMRA customer interests. The role is required to develop understanding of strategic developments with customers, products, competitors and pricing benchmarks to ensure SMRA is placed to grow opportunities and defend existing margins.
- Manage International accounts by building and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Maintain and improve specific KPIs for Contribution Margin and Tooling Profit
- Produce reports on sales and revenue forecasts for specific customer accounts
- Support with administration and preparation of new business quotations aligned with SMR & Motherson Innovations activities
- Ensure market and product research is conducted and develop strategic plans to support the recommendations consistent with corporate policy which seek to improve the company’s competitive position and long term growth prospects
- Tertiary or degree qualification in Business/Commerce or related discipline
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Analytical and inquisitive nature
- Proven track record in commercial negotiations
- Experience in a manufacturing environments or an Engineering degree is highly desirable
To apply please click apply or call Tom Moore on 08 8216 3500 for a confidential discussion.