Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Mark Constable
Date posted 11 October 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
The Area Manager position is focused on building fantastic relationships with hotel groups across Victoria, utilising the very best data and insights to promote an increase in overall revenue and general booking performance. The successful candidate will understand the power of data and will have a passion for people management.
About the Role
The role of Area Manager will be responsible for increasing revenue across their current portfolio whilst acquiring new businesses within a given geography. The successful candidate will:
- Lead a team of 10 across Melbourne and its surrounding suburbs
- Coach and provide recommendation to improve team productivity and effectiveness
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by delivering an insight focused consulting service
- Provide advice to hotel groups with the focus on optimising their booking potential
- Represent the company in industry focused events and seminars
- Exceed a variety of KPI's including revenue and acquisition
About the Candidate
The successful candidate will need to have a real passion for team development with a relationship management environment. This will include the recruitment, on-boarding and training of new staff. The candidate will also need to have experience working with Travel/Tourism/Hotel businesses; ideally with a focus on Data and Insight. Other skill set requirements include:
- Evidence of working in or managing a successful sales/account management function
- Strong project management skills, meeting deadlines and delivering on client requests
- Focus on managing initiatives including margin growth, lodging rates and building relationships
- Ability to manage and utilise a CRM system
- Excellent relationship and account management
- Passion for innovation, data and technology
- Ability to present data insights to senior clients
About the Company
Voted as one of the best places to work globally, the business promotes a culture of inclusion, innovation and career development whilst being recognised as a leader in the travel industry for Data, Insight and technology.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Constable on 03 8628 2113 for a confidential discussion.