Business Development Manager
Salary Super + Bonus
Location Sydney CBD
Consultant Ben Faulkner
Date posted 2 February 2017
Due to demand the position of Business Development Manager – Industrial Specification Sale has become available in the Sydney office. This role is focused on driving new business across existing verticals. The role has been created on the back of national growth and offers the opportunity to join a hard working and successful team.
About the Company:
Vinidex Pty Limited is Australia’s leading manufacturer and supplier of pipe systems and solutions for the transportation of fluid, data and energy. They are recognised internationally as a major participant in the pipe industry and as a quality manufacturer of PVC, Polyethylene (PE) and Polypropylene (PP) pipe systems.
Vinidex pipe and fittings systems are used in a broad range of applications such as plumbing, water supply, sewerage and wastewater, stormwater and drainage, mining, industrial, rural, irrigation, electrical, telecommunications and gas. They have nine manufacturing sites across Australia and a comprehensive nationwide network of warehousing and distribution facilities to enable efficient distribution of our own products and those of our national and international partners.
- Build network of contacts (mechanical engineers, consultants, associations, standards institutes, etc.) active in the Industrial segment
- Support launch of key offerings in the region building a comprehensive value proposition of products & services (support in identifying needs, in bringing products to clients, in developing the engineering services responding to clients’ needs, etc.)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services
- Ensure all sales calls and activities are logged in the Vinidex CRM system (currently Sales Force).
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers with assistance of the Territory, Market Managers and Vinidex Customer Service and Project’s Department.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints in a timely manner ensuring root cause analysis to prevent reoccurrence
- Analyses the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization with the assistance of Market Managers and Territory Man
- Development of a business plan to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within the assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively providing sustainable and innovative product solutions utilising targeted specification selling strategy & process.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Education : University degree in Engineering highly regarded not necessary
- Commercial Acumen: proven experience in competitive tendering & bid processes with ability to demonstrate successful outcomes through provision of innovative solutions
- Partnership Management : proven experience in building partnerships with external & internal stakeholders in achieving business goals
- Proven experience in specification selling processes & methodologies
- Demonstrable experience in providing innovative solutions and ability to think strategically
- Must possess experience in the building and construction or industrial sector.
- Possession of a post-secondary degree in business is desirable but not necessary
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and CRM software.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply please click apply or call Ben Faulkner on (0) 2 8289 3100 for a confidential discussion.