Business Development Executive
Consultant Mark Constable
Date posted 9 April 20192019-04-15 2019-05-09 sales Melbourne Victoria Cecil Street, South Melbourne AU 3205 AUD 60000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au
We are working with one of the market leaders in retail focused software solutions. The New Business Development Executive will focus on building relationships with retail partners (who are often small independent/start-up businesses) promoting the suite of solutions available. A successful candidate will hit (and surpass) two key KPI's: * Number of Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) created each month * Percentage of activated leads
About The Role
The role of New Business Development Executive will be predominately focused on calling potential customers with a view to discuss their software needs, with a particular focus on Point of Sale, Payments and E-commerce. The role can be split into four clearly defined areas of focus:
- Initiate the sales process through outbound callings, emails and social media
- Identify and implement improvements to the lead generation and sales process
- Nurture leads throughout the decision making process to the point of a purchase decision.
- Source additional new leads through proactive, independent activities
As well as this, you will also be expected to:
- Collaborate with Marketing on the development of direct marketing campaigns
- Attendance of various events to demonstrate the product.
- Make strategic recommendations and business cases for process improvement
- Contribute as part of the wider team to achieve organisational objectives
About The Candidate
The successful candidate will need to have a solid understanding of what it is like to work in a phone-based sales environment. This role will have a heavy focus on Cold-Calling, the expectation is that all new hires will need to display the following attributes:
- Resilience and Tenacity
- Rapport building and Empathy
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Proactive and Self-Starter
- Qualifying customers through discover conversations
Additional requirments for the position include:
- At least 18 months experience working in a phone based sales environment
- Experience cold calling (Successfully)
- Sales focused mindset
- Motivated by hitting targets and winning new business
- Experience selling SaaS solutions would be advantageous
- Experience working with a CRM tool such as Salesforce
About The Company
Our client focuses on providing point-of-sale software to retail businesses. The solution can be used for in-store, online and mobile.
Based in Melbourne's CBD. The business is known for having a fantastic, high energy culture.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Constable on 03 8628 2113 for a confidential discussion.