Business Development Manager
Salary + car allowance
Consultant Liam McBean
Date posted 15 October 20192019-10-15 2019-11-14 sales Adelaide South Australia AU AUD 150000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Founded over 150 years ago, our client has a long history of helping our customers manage their finances and achieve their goals. Due to ongoing growth, an exciting opportunity as a Business Development Manager has become available within their Wealth Solutions & Customer/Wealth Distribution division.
- Execute product and marketing initiatives to maximise new business opportunities and customer retention
- Develop and maintain a forecasted pipeline of new business opportunity to achieve targets
- Engage, qualify, on-board and grow revenue from key partner advice businesses
- Protect and maximise embedded value including funds under administration, investment share of wallet and customer numbers
- Develop a disciplined approach to business planning and execution across a segmented panel of advisers to deliver your key financial accountabilities
- Strong understanding and appreciation of sales frameworks, methodologies and processes to support the Wealth Management focus areas
Day to day responsibilities:
- Lead the sales effort on your panel and achieve financial goals through developing strong adviser relationships and an understanding of their business objectives
- Develop new business leads and progress opportunities from existing and new adviser relationships
- Align sales activities to the agreed focus areas
- Maintain comprehensive, accurate, and timely records of adviser relationship activities using appropriate systems
- Provide product and system support to advisers to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
Job Specific Capabilities
- Thorough knowledge of financial marketplace and a good understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing financial advice firms.
- Effective negotiation and closure skills
- Highly motivated, disciplined and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to make decisions in a fast changing environment and anticipate trends to create a competitive advantage
- Confident, articulate with persuasive and compelling communication skills
- 5 years’ experience in financial service industry (or related industry)
- Previous sales role in Financial Services highly desirable
- Ability to judge market opportunities and competitiveness in those sectors
- RG146 (previously PS146) compliant
- Diploma of Financial Planning (or equivalent tertiary qualification) is highly desirable
To apply please click apply or call Liam McBean on +61 8 8216 3507 or Giuseppe Nasca on +61 8 8216 3508 for a confidential discussion.