Business Development Manager
Consultant Mitchel O'Brien
Job Ref 1726130/001
Date posted 24 July 2022qld-other sales/business-development 2022-07-24 2022-08-23 sales Rockhampton Queensland AU Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The CapRescue strategic plan has a vision of growth and expansion to ensure its high level of service to the communities in its catchment can expand and stay ahead of growth demands. With the call for our services increasing rapidly it is essential the core capabilities are expanded to capture and provide service to the community and will require a change in how some service is delivered.
The Business Development Manager will have the responsibility of developing the strategic framework that will build on the existing structure, connections and relationships and will;
- Have the skill and capacity to research, develop and recommend strategies that will lead to growth of the organisation.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the current and likely future of the Not-for-Profit industry and how the industry compliments Government strategy and objectives particularly in the area of health and well being.
- Be able to develop effective working relationships at all levels of the community, business and at a corporate level.
Function and Purpose
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a senior role in the company and will work closely with the Executive Director in achieving the goals of the strategic plan approved by the board. The core purpose of the BDM is to represent and promote the Capricorn Helicopter Rescue Service (CapRescue) to the corporate and wider business communities and to seek opportunities for growth, partnerships and other possible expansion opportunities for the company.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite of products
- Current Queensland C class drivers’ licence
- Extensive experience in a similar role and industry i.e., economic and business development and investment attraction
- Sound knowledge of the CQ region’s economy, industry, business, investment and development environment
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and liaison skills, with emphasis on networking, consultation, advocacy and negotiation
- Strong initiative and excellent attention to detail
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of complex reports and submissions
- Demonstrated analytic and research skills with the ability to evaluate new strategies and analyse financial information
- A business related degree would be highly regarded but not essential
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply please click apply or call Mitchel O'Brien on 07 3032 2228 for a confidential discussion.