Consultant Mark Constable
Date posted 12 April 20181 Farrer place Sydney 2000 Robert Walters Australia
Robert Walters are working exclusively with a global events production company to find a Commercial Director who can lead and develop the sales function. The role will focus on developing relationships with C-suite executives across a range of industries, assisting them with the creation of their event. This could be anything from a corporate AGM to a stadium concert. The successful candidate will develop new business strategies and utilise the technical expertise of the wider business to ensure that all events are delivered to the brief.
About the Job
The Commercial Director will be responsible for the performance of the sales function across Australia. A key focus for the director is to create a optimised, motivated and engaged sales team that are focused on new business creation and relationship management.
The director will also be seen as the face of the business, establishing strong relationships with c-suite stakeholders across the country. Whilst the director does not need to be an expert in the technical processes of event production, they do need to make sure they are utilising the experts within the business to ensure all events are produced to match the brief and to the highest possible standard.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of all sales objectives and strategies with a focus on gaining market share
- Training and development of the sales function
- Creation of sales incentives
- Utilisation of the technical and operations teams
- Develop competitor analysis to ensure the business are optimised against market conditions
About the Candidate
The successful candidate will need to have extensive experience in a sales function, ideally within event production or a similar industry. The ideal candidate will have the following Skills and Experience:
- Evidence of managing a sales team, ideally split across different locations.
- Technical understanding of how an event is created, ideally from Audio/Video/Lighting.
- Experience redeveloping a sales team, including motivation, training and hiring.
- Strong relationship manager, ideally with c-suite clients. Guiding them through the process and utilising other functions of the business
- Development of new business development strategies
- Experience working with agencies and developing complex briefs
About the Company
A global leader in Event and Entertainment production, our client is focused on the Audio, Video, Lighting and Automation technologies that go into productions such as AGMs, Theatre, Live TV and Stadium Concerts.
To apply please click apply or call Mark Constable on 03 8628 2113 for a confidential discussion.