Sales Director - Australia & New Zealand
Consultant Chad Lawson
Date posted 24 September 20192019-10-04 2019-10-24 aerospace Botany New South Wales AU AUD 150000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Smiths Detection is one of five operating divisions of Smiths Group plc, a global technology company listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. Smiths Detection is a global authority on the application, management and manufacture of world class detection and screening technology.
Every minute of every day, our detection and screening technology helps to protect people and infrastructure, making the world a safer place. Our goal is simple – to provide the security, peace of mind and freedom of movement upon which the world depends. We deliver the solutions needed to protect society from the threat and illegal passage of explosives, prohibitive weapons, contraband, toxic chemicals and narcotics.
Smiths Detection are looking for a Sales Director to lead their Australia and New Zealand business, based out of their Sydney Head Office for the region. This is a pivotal role for the ANZ business and will be a core member of the regional management team. The ideal candidate will be a proven Sales leader, with contacts in the Aviation, Airline or Airport markets and a track record delivering growth strategies with high value, technical equipment. The successful candidate must understand how to manage and preserve key customer relationships amongst a complex network of stakeholders with various competing priorities.
Along with being able to manage and foster key customer relationships, the Sales Director would also lead a team of Sales Managers and Coordinators, providing support, mentoring and guidance and ensuring the Sales team delivers exceptional service to their customers.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales plans/targets for the region, and projecting expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products
• Implement national sales programs by developing sales action plans
• Devise and implement the company’s sales strategy in the region and introduce new business initiatives to drive sales
• Grow sales volume, changing trends, economic indicators, competitors, and supply and demand
• Drive team results and ensure consistent performance monitoring, creating job results by counselling and managing performance
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
• Set order intake, revenue, profit and cash targets for the sales team
• Meet with the sales managers on a regular basis to assess company performance against KPI’s
• Implement a variety of negotiating agreements for contracts with customers and ensuring commerciality
• Present sales results to the management team and managing director on a monthly basis
• Proven experience leading a sales function, meeting or exceeding targets and driving business growth
• Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
• Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
• Able to foster long term customer relationships through providing consistent, exceptional service
• 7 + years sales experience, specifically selling technical equipment solutions (high value, mission critical equipment)
• Ideally a network of contacts in the Aviation, Airline, Airport markets
• Exceptional leader, someone who can drive performance within a team and develop the careers of direct reports