Law Interpretation Officer
Salary AUD28 - AUD35 per hour
Location Southern Suburbs Brisbane
Consultant Jessica Milestone
Date posted 5 October 2016
A Law Interpretation Officer is accountable for undertaking a range of procedural, operational, administrative and law interpretation activities, largely governed by set procedures and policies; some tasks may have an element of complexity. This may include some basic research and analysis activities.
Working within a small team, as the Law Interpretation Officer you will have a sound understanding of legislative, regulatory and compliance frameworks that underpin law interpretation tasks and activities. You will be required to provide advice to a range of stakeholders and will interpret and apply legislation, policies and precedents under the guidance of more senior staff.
- Provide a high level of quality advice to internal and external representatives in relation to complex tax issues, drawing to accurate conclusions.
- Undertake database/ data retrieval searches to identify and resolve variances in collated information
- Assist senior staff with more complex cases and provide support and on the job training to less experiences staff
- Undertake research takes to gather, records and share information relevant to law interpretation activities.
- Available to commence 1 November 2016.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the law in specialist areas.
- Proven ability to provide support and on the job training to newer and less experienced staff.
- Tertiary qualification in Business Commerce Law or relevant fields desirable.
- Understand and be adaptable to working in a changing environment.
To apply please click apply or call Jessica Milestone on 07 3032 2220 for a confidential discussion.