Guest Relations Operations Director
Salary AUD180,000 - AUD220,000 per annum + Super + Bonus
Consultant Victoria Clarke
Date posted 25 October 20192019-10-31 2019-11-24 admin-and-secretarial Sydney New South Wales AU AUD 180000 220000 220000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Serves as the provider and support as required to ensure the company’s guest relations division is ran to the best standards globally. Overseeing all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Managing Sydney GR team more closely ensuring professional service, as well as providing support to ANZ and global leadership team.
Title: Front Office Operations Director
Responsible for the long-term direction of the front desk, room reservations, VIP services, facilities services. Coordinating the policies and procedures of the department making the flow of information through the different departments smoother and more efficient.
Job Responsibilities, Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Utilise interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of and comply with all company policies/service procedures/standards.
- Daily duties can include;
- Meeting coordination; room management
- Event management
- Ensure effective cost recovery for services provided
- Providing frameworks and standards for Guest Relations services globally to ensure professional, consistent and exceptional client experience
- Establish, monitor and ensure suppliers/vendors adhere to service level agreements
- Client Stakeholder management
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, including negotiating savings & value adding opportunities
- Providing leadership, coaching and mentoring to staff
- Overseeing and ensuring successful recruitment and management of staff
- Client engagement & relationship management, including managing client feedback & complaint handling
- Proactively review operational processes and revise as required to meet account objectives and client demands
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation to the service offering and potential to provide further support
- Staying aware of industry best practice initiatives and opportunities
- Complying with legal, risk and compliance guidelines as they relate to the department
- Achieving a high output and morale through building, leading and developing the Guest Relations division:
- Developing, maintaining and communicating strategy
- Clear direction on targets and objections
- Deliver coaching / training, appraisals and so on.
- Delegation of tasks etc.
- Operations for the Guest Relations team and Managers
- Financial reporting
- Review and manage vendor costs / pricing
- Report management for key locations
- Managing an operational budget of $12-17m
- Risk management
- System and process development
- Healthy & Safety
- Carry out and keep records of safety and spot checks
- Ensure strict compliance with client & company WHS policies
- Report all incidents within specified time-frames
- Ensure all incidents are reported within specified time frames, liaise with OH&S officers to extract lessons learned and implement recommendations.
- Actively demonstrate commitment to WHS
- Where applicable, induct vendors to site specific situations and keep records
- Implement and keep records of safety and spot check regime.
- Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Intervenes in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee well being is preserved.
- Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviours of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 8+ years of management, leadership and/or operational management experience
- MUST be gained from a background within a Corporate environment or a 5 star hotel
- Strong contract, vendor management, and negotiation skills
- Proven relationship management skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent personal presentation
- Administrative Skills; Microsoft Office Suite
- Delegation skills - able to prioritise accordingly and flexible in handling a variety of tasks
- Experience with complaint handling.
To apply please click apply or call Victoria Clarke on 02 8289 3231 for a confidential discussion.