Practice Manager / EA - Work for a Global Arbitrator!
Salary AUD100,000 - AUD120,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
Location Sydney CBDFULL_TIME
Consultant India Morish
Date posted 13 June 20192019-06-13 2019-07-13 legal Sydney CBD New South Wales AU 2000 AUD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.au https://www.robertwalters.com.au/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
About the company: This is an established arbitration practice supporting a well-known international commercial arbitrator who has offices globally. The Arbitrator was a partner at top-tier law firms for over 40 years before pursuing a career as an Arbitrator. As an arbitrator, he is internationally regarded as pre-eminent. He has been involved in over 100 arbitrations, with amounts in dispute extending to many billions of dollars. The Arbitrator also spends considerable time pursuing academic commitments, such as speaking at conferences, writing papers/textbooks, and lecturing at universities.
About the role:
The role is for a full-time Practice Manager / EA who will be responsible for leading the administrative, financial and internal management functions within the practice and business. This may include supporting or supervising support for other arbitrators who may join the practice.
The role involves business development, liaising with internal legal staff, parties and arbitral institutions, document management, co-ordination of international travel, invoicing, maintaining financial records and managing logistic aspects of the business, including premises and facilities.
As the Practice Manager / EA, you should have demonstrated experience and expertise in and / or ability to develop the capacity for the following tasks:
- Calendar management
- Travel bookings
- Filing of emails
- Managing international and domestic couriers, parcels and posting
- Transcribing audio recordings and proofing documents
- Photocopying and printing
- Providing other general assistance to legal staff
- Capacity to work with the administrative requirements of international arbitral institutions
- Maintaining spreadsheets and databases containing records relevant to the Arbitrator's confidential arbitration matters and other legal matters
- Assisting with conflict checks
- Assisting with inquiries received from parties and arbitral institutions
- Managing practice members' time entries using SILQ software
Financial & Accounting
- Reviewing the adequacy of, and recording deposits of funds held for, various arbitration matters
- Preparing invoices for fees and expenses and following up payments
- Managing the business and personal banking and record keeping
- Making payments from Australian and international business accounts
- Liaising and working with the Arbitrator’s accountants and financial managers to assist the preparation of accounts
- We are looking for a highly organised and motivated candidate, capable of working with a high degree of autonomy, and able to take responsibility for, and initiative in, managing the various aspects of a dynamic international arbitral practice
- Experience providing business development and administrative support to a legal professional practice preferred
- Confidence in booking and coordinating international travel arrangements is essential
- Capacity to work both during and outside ordinary office hours, and a willingness to respond by email or mobile remotely outside of office hours as required when arbitrators are working (as is often the case) in other time zones (in Asia, Europe, Americas and the Middle East)
- Proficiency with Microsoft programmes required. Proficiency with Office 365 beneficial (though not essential)
- A competitive rate of pay
- The opportunity to work for an exciting international practice with a great team
To apply please click apply or call India Morish�on +61 (0) 2 8289 3280�for a confidential discussion.