Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Kathryn Wright
Date posted 27 February 2017
Whilst this role is that of a Competition Secretary, a Legal Secretary that has come from outside of commercial law would still be considered. This Competition Secretary role would be ideal for someone that would like to move into a top tier firm, and the best at what they do.
In this exciting role within the competition practice group as a Legal Secretary,you would have 3-5 years’ private practice experience. Reporting to a Partner, you will support him, a senior associate, third year lawyer and a first year lawyer.
- typing and collation of various legal documents, including (but not limited to):
- briefs to counsel;
- court documents for filing; collation of documents for trial; and digital dictation;
- typing of correspondence, memos and email communications;
- contact with clients, barristers and other internal staff face-to-face, via telephone and email;
- entry of timesheet data and preparation of client accounts (billing);
- file and diary management;
- file maintenance and archiving; and
- other administrative tasks as required.
- at least three years’ experience as a legal secretary
- accurate typing, spelling, grammar and proof reading skills (min 65wpm);
- advanced skills in Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook and Word);
- a committed, proactive and service orientated approach to work;
- previous work in private practice;
- experience with litigation/ competition (desirable); and
- experience with time recording and billing (desirable).
To apply please click apply or call Kathryn Wright on 03 8628 2107 for a confidential discussion.