Location Melbourne CBD
Consultant Kathryn Wright
Date posted 5 March 2017
This global investment firm is looking for an experienced Company Secretary to come in on a temporary basis. The role is to provide a range of company secretarial services including full Board support ASIC lodgements and maintenance of the firm’s company registers and the registers of related companies; The Company Secretary will provide company secretarial services that deliver statutory compliance, sound business practices and best-practice governance across the business.
The sucessful Company Secretary will come in for a 3 day handover, and look after the duties and responsbilities of the existing Secretariat. This is a 3 week role that requires someone who can start immediately.
- Liaison with staff in the preparation and distribution of Board and Audit Committee papers, including drafting Agendas for these meetings
- Preparation of all Minute templates prior to Audit & Board Meetings;
- Minute Meetings when required, i.e. smaller subsidiary companies or in the absence of or when conflicts of the Company Secretary;
- Coordinating, managing and preparing Circular Resolutions and other documents for firms entities including subsidiaries and investee companies;
- Coordination of Documents for Execution in a timely manner
- Liaison with Directors as required, including managing director appointments, probity checks and retirement notifications;
- Lodgements of regulatory forms and documents including officeholder changes, resolutions, ASIC forms & lodgements;
- Assist in the execution of Corporate Actions including liaising with fund managers and investee representatives;
- Continue to develop documentation and ongoing review of Secretariat procedures and checklists;
- Shareholders meetings, including Annual General Meetings, to ensure legal and compliance obligations are met;
- Maintenance of Company Records, including Company and Scheme Registers (required to be kept in accordance with the Corporations Act);
- Assistance with Records Management and Imaging of any historical data in the event of a sale or transaction within the firm from a Governance & Risk perspective;
- Conduct ASIC deregistration and searches when applicable;
- At least 2+ years company secretarial experience;
- Experience in a listed company environment an advantage;
- A Company Secretary qualification desirable but not mandatory;
- Advanced computer and MS office skills.
- Experience with the bi-annual Audits that the Risk & Compliance team organisers;
- Experience updating of all Delegations as required prior to approval by the necessary Boards (i.e. Powers of Attorney; Bank Signatories & Delegated Authorities);
- Experience in preparation of correspondence and other documents requiring execution by the Company Secretaries;
To apply please click apply or call Kathryn Wright on 03 8628 2107 for a confidential discussion.