Visa types


As Australia's complex immigration rules and policies are continually updated, Robert Walters Immigration Services can help you understand any changes and ensure that you stay on top of the latest requirements.

To assist with various immigration needs and aid employer sponsored visa solutions that meet individual circumstances we are able to: 

  • Offer a personalised consultation 
  • Manage end-to-end visa application process
  • Prepare and coordinate any associated visa paperwork

Working through Robert Walters

Robert Walters holds an On-Hire Labour Agreement with the Australian Department of Home Affairs (‘DHA’) that allows us to sponsor overseas skilled workers on a Subclass 482 (Temporary Skill Shortage) work visa and assign or ‘on-hire’ the employee to Australian businesses.

Our labour agreement provides access to a wide range of skilled occupations (on the skilled occupation lists) in the following industries:

  • Accounting and Financial Services
  • Human Resources
  • Technology and Transformation 
  • Marketing
  • Business Support and Administration
  • Legal
  • Engineering
  • Executive and Management

You can access the full list of occupations available for sponsorship under the On-Hire Labour Agreement here.

Using the Labour Agreement significantly reduces complexities and documentation required for the immigration process. Processing times are quicker and decisions can be returned within approximately 7-14 working days. Robert Walters can effectively manage the process on your behalf and provide guidance throughout each stage of the visa application process. 

Given the complexities and considerations involved with employer sponsored visas, combined with increased processing timeframes, the Labour Agreement may be the solution you are looking for. 

Working Holiday visas and visiting Australia 

There are numerous flexible options allowing young professionals to work for Australian organisations in temporary, casual or full-time employment whilst enjoying an extended Australian holiday. The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) and the Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462) allow you to stay in Australia temporarily for up to 12 months.

As these visas are flexible, you can holiday or travel home whenever you wish during the 12 months. You may then be eligible to apply for a Second (or Third) Working Holiday visa, extending your stay for a further 12 months.

Robert Walters can assist with placing you in skilled roles whilst on your Working Holiday visa and can fit you into employment that suits your holiday plans. Should you wish to extend your stay, our in-house Registered Migration Agents can advise on your options and guide you as you embark on your new career in Australia. 

Skilled migration and qualifying independently

Independent migration means you can apply for permanent residence independently of a sponsor to support your application. You can stay in Australia permanently or temporarily and are able to bring dependent family with you. 

We provide clear and practical solutions to assist with your migration to Australia and can: 

  • Advise on the best solution to obtain a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation
  • Prepare an Expression of Interest (EOI) and advise on how to maximise your points score
  • Apply for the visa and manage the invitation process by the Department of Home Affairs

The Robert Walters Immigration Services team aim to make Australian Permanent Residence applications as seamless and stress-free as possible.

Other types of visa

Quite often, the solution may be an alternative visa that suits your needs. We can provide specialist tailored strategies to suit your needs for visas including:  

  • Student and Graduate
  • Family and Partner
  • Working Holiday
  • Tourist and Business Visitor
  • Resident Return
  • Citizenship

To enquire about your individual visa options, please contact our Immigration Services team on +61 8289 2100 or via email at